We are going to surprise the kids and not do a Thanksgiving meal. Most of you are saying what a horrible thing that could be, but here is the story.
About 2 months ago, before our lives got really stressful, David suggested that I was so stressed and needed a break so we should just spend a week at the beach relaxing and away from everything. I didn't argue with him at all. So we looked at some maps and found a really neat beach where we could camp on the Gulf of Mexico. We decided not to tell the kids and just wake up one day, get in the car, and drive to the beach.
So tomorrow is the day. Maddie told her YW leader that mom was staying home with them on Monday and Dad was staying home with them on Tuesday and Wednesday. Won't they be surprised. David asked when we would tell them and we decided we are just going to give them maps and see if they can figure out where we are going.
So we are not the meanest parents in the world after all. Granted our Thanksgiving meal may consist of turkey sandwiches packed picnic style, but I think it will taste great.
2 comments:
I think this sounds like a great idea - your family together and time and reason to be glad together. Wise parents, you two.
And when do we get to see pictures of the new house?
What fun!!!! How did it go? I would love details.
And I second Emma J - we need some pictures!
Post a Comment