So I have been in the YW presidency for 3 whole weeks. I guess I should have learned everything by now. (Does anyone have suggestions for an over dramatic 13 year old who runs to the bathroom and cries at every movement? And no- it is not my sweet Maddie who I have discovered it an absolute angel when compared with other girls.)
But I got a call from the stake presidency. (They are in charge of all the members of the church in this area- Tulsa to Owasso to Claremore and beyond.) They asked me to be the Stake camp director- yikes. I laughed and thought, drats, I shouldn't have been so friendly with the current camp director.
Explanation- girls camp is a big week-long camp for all the girls in the church. I think there are about 100 girls going this year. It is great fun and one of the most spiritual times they will have.
2 comments:
Good luck!
One of the things our girls loved most last year at Stake Camp was that they compared the scriptures to a cell phone. The girls weren't allowed to bring their cell phones to camp, but each girl was given a mini copy of the Book of Mormon, and every time they wanted to pull out their cell phone and send someone a text, they were supposed to find a "text" in their Book of Mormon instead... They looked up their birthday "text" (finding a chapter and verse that matched their birthday), and they sent each other "text messages" back and forth.
Each day they had a different theme that went along with cellphones and scriptures, and overall, I think the message got across clearly.
It was great! And really relevant to teenage girls.
Stake Camp director!!! Oh my! You will do a great job!
Post a Comment