Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update-again

I just wanted everyone to know that we have not fallen from the earth- just into a house that is taking up all our time and energy.

We have discovered that everything leaks-or at least did until David fixed most of the faucets, taps, toilets, etc.  For now we have a working kitchen sink, one shower, one toilet, and one basin- and the working basin and toilet are even in the same bathroom- bonus.  

When we cleaned the carpet, it pulled up all sorts of strange smells so we are now replacing all the carpet with wood floors- we had planned to do that at some point, just not right now.  David finished our bedroom's floor before we moved in and we finished  Maddie's floor last weekend.  We were blessed to find flooring for super cheap.

Today I will paint the kitchen walls (cupboards are done-yea) and finish the baseboard in Maddie's bedroom.

Yesterday I took a break from fixing and repairs and decided to empty some boxes.  This has been a difficult move because we can't really put anything away because we have to clean and paint first.  What a job.

No comments: