Wednesday, November 10, 2010

David's new job

The big news--
David accepted a job with a great firm in Tulsa.  He starts the first of January.  He is really excited about the job.  Oklahoma is not our first choice of places to be, but he is really excited about the job and the projects they are working on.  He has worked with the firm many times through his job at OSU.  They are very excited to have him- and who wouldn't be.

That means, packing, moving, finding new schools, leaving my job in some sort of order, trying to get all the Relief Society positions filled, etc.

We have been frantically trying to get our house in order to sell.  David has put tile floors and new toilets in both bathrooms.  We have painted and fixed up just about everything we can.  Now we think we are just going to rent the house.  Rent here is so good that if we can keep it rented, it should be a great investment.

We have discovered that the boxes of too small clothes we have in the attic must have multiplied.  I got down boxes and boxes and boxes of little boy clothes, that I thought I got rid of a long time ago.  I invited some of the moms in the ward to come and go through them.  One mom left with about 10 bags of stuff, which I was happy about.  But we still have 4 big buckets full of stuff.  I packed up anything that would fit a baby including crib, toys, etc. and took to a cute little couple from Africa who are expecting- the dad is in grad school here.  They were so excited and we were so excited that we don't have to move it.

1 comment:

Emma J said...

Congratulations for hte new job and condolences? on the moving. Or is it a good thing? Hope all goes well in both!