Thursday, April 2, 2009

Design Competition

I thought I would try something new and post a picture. I recently entered a design competition for an object meeting these basic criteria:

- only one sheet of 1" plywood could be used
- no glue, fasteners, connectors, etc. could be used except for 20 peices of a connector made by (suprise!) a sponsor of the competition.
- the object must be useful, beautiful and showcase the beauty of the wood.

If you are interested in the full project description, you can find it here.


Anyway, this is my entry. I think I am going to try to build one (using glue and all the connectors I desire, of course. I will be sitting in it myself, after all.)











































































































1 comment:

Emma J said...

Ooo! Available in stores near me? I WANT one! It truly is not fair how all the useful talents bypassed me entirely - not much call for diagramming sentences these days!

Really, David, it pleasures my eyes to follow the curves of your chair. I hope it won all kinds of prizes because it certainly deserves them!

(And I really do want one.)