Monday, February 23, 2009
Last night Ethan overheard me talking to Mom about how little I look forward to the day he decides it is no longer cool to sit on his Dad's lap or give good-night hugs. Ethan has always been a cuddler and usually insists on sitting on my lap during scripture study and I am always happy to oblige. After the phone call ended, Ethan had retrieved his blanket, climbed onto my lap and assured me that he would never get too big for lap sitting. By the time scripture study was over though, his weight and squirmyness had left my leg aching and I was ready for a reprieve. I guess nature has its way of helping us accept change. Perhaps by the time Ethan is too grown up to want to sit on my lap, he will be big enough that I will prefer that he sit beside me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Categories
- Ethan (4)
- Family Scripture Study Blog (1)
- Maddie (1)
- Maddie and Ethan (1)
- Pictures (1)
1 comment:
I think you're right. Life has a way of making us ready for what's next. By the way, I love the pic of Maddie and Ethan on your title banner. Cute kids, great shot!
Love, MJ
Post a Comment