Monday, October 3, 2011

Quick update

I am so far behind so this is just a quick update.

We have spent the last few weekends painting the outside of the house a beautiful yellow.  There is nothing like standing on a two-story house with a paint brush, hoping that you don't fall.  Ethan and I pulled off the siding on some parts, took out all the rotten pieces, and put the siding and trim back on.  We also put up a new fence. 

Maddie just finished her last X-country race.  She made her goal of a 10 minute mile- what a trooper.  She is getting excellent grades and has all advanced classes.  She is also working hard with violin because she is in the Northeastern OK district orchestra. 

Ethan is doing football and scouts.  He complains that the kids on the other football teams have a huge advantage.  They all wear their shorts down around their bums so no one from Ethan's team wants to pull on their flags for fear that they will get their shorts instead. 

I started working again.  I work for Tulsa Technology Center in the Project Hire area.  I work with people who have made lots of bad decisions or have just had bad luck and are at the end of their ropes.  They get training, schools, and then come to me and I get to help them find a job.  I was also approved to pursue an Oklahoma Teaching Certificate so I am studying for my general exams and then I have to do subject exams.  Once I pass those, I get to take 18 hours of master level classes-  I will get a master's degree since it is only a few hours more.  Then I can teach German, World History, Geography, History, and whatever else I decide to test for.

David is busy at work.  He is doing so much work for the church- they like to change their minds a lot.  He is doing renovations on one chapel.  First they decided to do it one way and then they change their mind so he gets to make new plans, then they change their minds again.

1 comment:

Farral and Norene said...

We love you, our busy, buy kids!