
I learned that Angel Moroni actually visited Joseph 5 times- 3 times in the night, once in the field after he fell from exaustion over the fence, and once in the apple orchard. This is the instance that I had never heard about. After Joepsh returned from the field, he told his mother what had happened. She sent him to the apple orchard to rest under an apple tree and there, the Angel Moroni visited him again.
We are saving the Sacred Grove until tomorrow morning early, if we can get up.
We also went to the E.B. Grandin print shop and discovered how many miracles took place for the Book of Mormon to be published. E.B. Grandin was only in the printing business for 5 years. He had just received a printing press that could print the Book of Mormon when Joseph came and inquired about the job and finally, the paper needed for the job was just a few miles away in Manchester. You would never think of details like obtaining paper, but it was a big deal to gt paper, especially the right size of paper back then.
We also went to the Palmyra Temple to take pictures. It is a small, beautiful temple.
When we get home, we will post pictures.
Tomorrow it is the Sacred Grove, church, the Hill Cummorah, and probably a little exploring. The little villages are so wonderful and quaint. We love to just drive around and look at the houses. It is so green and beautiful.
1 comment:
What a great-sounding trip. I'm looking forward to pictures
And now that I think of it - I have pictures posted, too, of our bike ride to the coast over Memorial Weekend: http://imaginarybicycle.blogspot.com/
Love you all!
Post a Comment