Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dinner Games

Ok- what do you do when you don't have a TV. For starters you eat dinner together as a family and talk about the day. Here is one funny we had at dinner 2 nights ago.

We play a funny game we call language lessons. David will say something in his limited German and then I translate and Maddie and Ethan laugh and laugh. (You would laugh too if the only word you knew were pig, bum, bird, lips, head, cow, pants, and similar words and had to make sentences from that limited vocabulary.) Then me in my very limited Spanish will do the same and David translates. I know a few more words and can make very good sentences like "I have pants in my milk." Then Maddie will make a sentence and she can choose between German or Spanish and we translate. She is actually very good at the game and can choose between which funny things she wants to say, unlike David and me who have to say things based on our limited vocabulary. Then Ethan will make up a sentence and we translate. After he said his sentence which was, "I have jam in my shoe." I informed him that he had used both Spanish and German. He looked at me and said, "How cool is that!!"

No comments: